Emad Saleh Mahmoud Awad
Assistant Director of the English Language Center
P. O. BOX: 3263 Irbid 21110 Jordan
Date of Birth: May 13 1971
Marital Status: Married; 3 kids.
Place of Work: Yarmouk University, Language Center, Irbid-Jordan.
- 1994-1998: M.A. in Linguistics. Yarmouk University, Irbid-Jordan. Average (86.7%; Excellent).
- 1989-1993: B.A. in English language and literature. Yarmouk University, Irbid-Jordan. Average (84.6%) (Excellent)
- 1989: Ministry of Education, Irbid-Jordan, Jordanian general secondary examination (Tawjihi). Average (87.0%). (Scientific Stream).
- 2000-Present: Instructor at Language Center, Yarmouk University, Irbid-Jordan. Currently Assistant Director.
- 1998-2000: Lecturer. Teachers College in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- 1996-1998: Translator and editor. Ministry of Information, Amman, Jordan
- Teaching of ESP courses (English for science; English for computing).
- Teaching of EFL series (Matters; Cutting Edge; Total English; Cause and Effect; New Headway Plus).
- Course coordination for two years, 2009-2011.
- Co-teaching experience at Teachers College, Saudi Arabia.
- Supervision experience at Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- Teaching a Toefl course for Masters students to qualify for the English Language National Examination (a Toefl-style exam).
- The translation and editing of the daily British newspapers and magazines (in the Ministry of Information).
- The translation of a book (for academic purposes) about chemistry and first aid.
- The translation of TV documentaries and children's series for media production agencies.
- The translation of papers in biology, education, administration and physical education.
2013-Now: Assistant Director of the English Language Center, Yarmouk University. The duties include general course coordination, schedule coordination and participation in job interviews.