Haythem Bany Salameh, IEEE Senior Member
Director of Queen Rania Center for Jordanian Studies and Community Service
Associate Professor, Telecommunications Engineering Department
Mailing address: Hijjawi Bldg., Yarmouk University, Irbid 21163, Jordan
Phone:+96227211111 Ext. 6351
Haythem Bany Salameh received the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA, in 2009. He is currently an Associate Professor of telecommunication engineering with Yarmouk University (YU), Irbid, Jordan. Since June 2014, he has been the Director of the Queen Rania Center for Jordanian Studies and Community Service. From January 2011 to June 2014, he was the Director of the Academic Entrepreneurship Center of Excellence, YU. In August 2009, he joined YU, after a brief postdoctoral position with the University of Arizona. His current research interests include optical communication technology and wireless networking, with emphasis on dynamic spectrum access, radio resource management, energy-efficient networking, and distributed protocol design (routing/medium access control protocols). His research covers a wide variety of wireless systems, including cognitive radio networks, wireless sensor networks, mobile ad hoc networks, and cellular networks. Dr. Bany Salameh has served and continues to serve on the Technical Program Committee of many international conferences and serves as a Reviewer for many international conferences and journals. In the summer of 2008, he was a member of the R&D Long-Term Evolution Development Group, QUALCOMM, Inc., San Diego, CA, USA.
- Haythem Bany Salameh, ``Efficient Resource Allocation for Multi-cell Heterogeneous Cognitive Networks with Varying Spectrum Availability," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2016. (Impact Factor 2.06)
- Haythem Bany Salameh, Hadi Kasasbeh, Bassam Harb, “A Batch-based MAC Design with Simultaneous Assignment Decisions for Improved Throughput in Guard-band-constrained Cognitive Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, 2016. (Impact Factor: 2.06)
- Haythem Bany Salameh, Mohammad El-Attar, ``Cooperative OFDM-based Virtual Clustering Scheme for Distributed Coordination in Cognitive Radio Networks", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2015. (Impact Factor 2.06)
- Haythem Bany Salameh, Tha'er Hailat, ``Iterative Beamforming Algorithm for Improved Throughput in Multi-cell Multi-antenna Wireless Systems", IET Communications, 2015. (Impact Factor 1.06)
- Haythem Bany Salameh, Marwan Krunz and David Manzi, ``Spectrum Bonding and Aggregation with Guard-band-awareness in Cognitive Radio Networks", IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, vol.13, no.3, pp.569-581, March 2014. (Impact Factor 2.24)
- Haythem Bany Salameh, Marwan Krunz, and Ossama Younis, ``Cooperative adaptive spectrum sharing in cognitive radio networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 1181-1194, Aug. 2010. (Impact factor 2.033)
- Haythem Bany Salameh, Marwan Krunz, and Ossama Younis, ``MAC protocol for opportunistic cognitive radio networks with soft guarantees," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), Vol. 8, No. 10, pp. 1339-1352, Oct. 2009. (Impact Factor 2.24)
- Haythem Bany Salameh and Marwan Krunz, ``Channel access protocols for multi-hop opportunistic networks: Challenges and recent developments," IEEE Network, Vol. 23, Issue 4, pp. 14-19, 2009. (Impact factor 2.239)
- Haythem Bany Salameh, ``Spread Spectrum-based Coordination Design for Multihop Spectrum-agile Wireless Networks," Proc. of the IEEE VCT-Fall 2015, Glasgow, Scotland, May 2015.
- Haythem Bany Salameh, Yaser Jararweh, Taimour Aldalgamouni, and Abdallah Khreishah, ``Trac-driven Exclusive Resource Sharing Algorithm for Mitigating Selfcoexistence Problem in WRAN Systems," Proc. of the IEEE WCNC'14 Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, April 2014.
- Haythem Bany Salameh, ``Rate-maximization channel assignment scheme for cognitive radio networks," Proc. of the IEEE GLOBECOM 2010 Conference, Florida, Dec. 2010