Assistant Professor in Electrical Power Engineering
Mailing Address: Hijjawi Bldg., Yarmouk University, Irbid 21163, Jordan
Ayman Al-Quraan recived his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Concordia University-Montreal, Canada in Nov. 2016. He served as a research assistant during his Ph.D. He is currently an Assistant Pofessor of Electrical Power Engineering at Yarmouk University. He recived his Master (M.Sc.) and Bacholr degree both in Electrical Power Engineering from Yarmouk University-Jordan in 2009 and 2011 respectively.
- Modeling, Analysis and Design of Electrical Machines
- Optimization Techniques
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Control of Power Electronics Converters
- Flexible AC Trasmission Systems(FACTS) Devices
- Ph.D. Electrical and Computer Engineering, Concordia University, Canada.
- M.Sc. Electrical Power Engineering, Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- B.Sc. Electrical Power Engineering, Yarmouk University, Jordan.
- Journal Articles
- A. Al-Quraan, T. Stathopoulos, P. Pillay, “Comparison of Wind Tunnel and on Site Measurements for Urban Wind Energy Estimation of Potential Yields ”, Elsevier Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 158, pp. 1-10, November 2016. (Impact Factor 2.689)
- Ted Stathopoulos, Hatem Alrawashdeh, Ayman Al-Quraan, Bert Blocken, Aierken Dilimulati, Marius Paraschivoiu, Pragasen Pillay, "Urban Wind Energy: Some Views on Potential and Challenges", Elsevier Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 179, pp. 146-157, August 2018. (Impact Factor 2.689)
- H. M. Al-Masri, A.
Al-Quraan, A. AbuElrub, M. Ehsani, ''Optimal Coordination of Wind Power
and Pumped Hydro Energy Storage". MDPI Journal of Energies, vol. 12, no.
22, 4387, pp. 1-15, 2019.
- Ayman Al-Quraan, Hussein Al-Masri, Ashraf Radaideh, '' New
Method for Assessing the Energy Potential of Wind Sites- A Case Study in Jordan".
Universal Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences, 7(3):
209-218, 2020. DOI: 10.13189/ujeee.2020.070305
- Ayman AL-QURAAN, Mohammed AL-MAHMODI, Ashraf RADAIDEH, Hussein
M. K. Al-MASRI, '' Comparative study between measured and estimated wind energy
yield". Accepted in Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer
Sciences (To be published).[Available online: https://journals.tubitak.gov.tr/elektrik/accepted.htm]
- Conference Articles
- A. Al-Quraan, P. Pillay, T. Stathopoulos, “Use of a Wind Tunnel for Urban Wind Power Estimation”, In Proceedings of IEEE Power& Energy Society General Meeting, Washington, USA, 27-31 July 2014.
- A. Al-Quraan, T. Stathopoulos, P. Pillay, “Estimation of Urban Wind Energy -Equiterre Building Case in Montreal”, In Proceedings of the International Civil Engineering for Sustainability and Resilience Conference (CESARE’14), Irbid, Jordan, 24-27 April 2014.
- Ayman Al-Quraan, Hatem Alrawashdeh, “Correlated Capacity Factor Strategy for Yield Maximization of Wind Turbine Energy”, In Proceedings of the IEEE 5th International Conference on Renewable Energy Generation and Applications(ICREGA), Al-Ain, UAE, 26-28 February 2018.
- Mohammed AL-Mahmodi, Ayman Al-Quraan, “On-Grid Solar Energy System - A Study case in Irbid”, In Proceedings of the 6th Global Conference on Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency for Desert Regions (GCREEDER 2018), Amman, Jordan, 3 -5 April 2018.