|Administrative &Leadership Experiences:|
1. Dean for Research and Doctoral Studies at Hamdan Bin Mohammad Smart University. Dubai- UAE (2014-2016)
2Vice President for Research, Graduate Studies & International Relations at yarmoyk University-YU (Sep 13, 2010 - Present).
2. Director of Foreign Projects Management Unit at YU (May 11, 2008 - Present).
3. Director of the Princess Basma Center for Jordanian Women's Studies at YU (Feb 10, 2011 – June 30, 2011).
4. Dean of Scientific Research & Graduate Studies at YU (Oct 4, 2009 – Sep 12, 2010).
5. Director of the UNESCO Chair for Desert Studies & Desertification Control atYU (Sep 18, 2005 – Nov 1, 2009).
6. Vice-Dean of Faculty of Science at YU (Sep 1, 2002 – Sep 17, 2005).
7. Assistant Dean of Faculty of Science at YU (Feb 1, 2000 – Aug 31, 2002).
1- Professor at Department of Biological Sciences/Faculty of Sciences/YU (2004-Present).
2- Associate Prof. at Department of Biological Sciences/Faculty of Sciences/YU (1999-2004).
3- Assistant Prof. at Department of Biological Sciences/Faculty of Sciences/YU (1993-1997 & 1987-1991).
4- Post-doctoral Research Associate at Plant Molecular Biology Lab, Crop and Soil Science Dept., USDA-ARS, Western Wheat Quality Laboratory, Washington State University, USA (1991-1993).
5- Assistant Prof. at Dept. of Applied Biological Sciences, Jordan University for Science and Technology-Jordan (Sabbatical leave), (1998-1999).
|Experience with evaluation academic programs and projects:|
Senior Expert/Evaluator for different projects and academic programs funded by different national & international agencies
|National Committees Membership:|
A- National Committees;
1. Member of the administrative council of the “National Center for Biotechnology” (NCB), Higher Council for Science and Technology, Jordan.
2. Member of the "National Biosafety" Steering Committee for Jordan.
3. Served as organizer of several different committees at the Faculty of Sciences.
4. Member of the committee for Yarmouk University Catalogue for the year 2002.
5. Member of the Steering Committee for establishing the curriculum for graduate studies at the Biotechnology Dept. in the College of Agriculture in AL-Balqa Applied University, Jordan.
6. served as Member of the Scientific Committee for establishing the curriculum of the Biotechnology undergraduate program at Philadelphia University, Jordan.
7. Member of the University board for research for the period 2003-2006.
8. Member of sub-committee the accreditation rules of basic sciences. Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research-Jordan.
9. Member of the Steering Committee for Women and Higher Education in Jordan for the Jordan National Agenda, 2005.
10. served as Member of the national committee of Accreditations of Water analysis and microbiology laboratories in Jordan- Accreditation Unit (AU) at the Jordan Standards & Metrology Organisation (JSMO).
11. served as Member of the technical and scientific committee for the accreditation of microbiology & water analysis labs in Jordan. e.g. Ben Hayyan Laboratories in Aqaba.
12. Member of the Jordan National commission for UNESCO.
13. Member of the Board of Trustees of Gharnata Community College (2013-present). Irbid-Jordan.
14.Member of Board of Trustees for the Al-Hayat Center for Civil Society Development, Jordan (2013-present).
15. Member of Yarmouk University Board Council (2010-2013).
16. Chair and/or Member of several committees and centers at Yarmouk Univ
|International Committees Membership:|
1. International collaborator for Engaging Iraqi's Science & Technology (S & T) Community in Developing their Country.
2. Member of the Steering Committee of the Arab Biotechnology Network (ABN).
3. Liason officer between Yarmouk University & EU Program." Support to Research & Technological development and Innovation initiatives and strategies in Jordan (SRTD).
4. International expert evaluator for the "EU-Egypt Innovation Fund” for assessment of call for proposals.
5. Full Individual Member of the Third World Organization for Women in Science (TWOWS). C/O The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS)..
6. Member of the Experts Board of the Environmental Biotechnology section of European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB).
6. Member of the Board of the Arab National Union Catalog. Saudi-Arabia.
7. International Jury committee member for the 2011 L’Oreal-Unesco for Women in Science Pan Arab Regional Fellowships.
8. Member of the Board of Trustees of the “Arab Science and Technology Foundation” (ASTF). Sharjah, UAE.
9. Member of the Steering committee of the “Regional Center for Space Science and Technology Education of Western Asia”.
10. Member of the “Springer Middle East/Northern Africa Library Advisory Board”.
11. Member of the EU Tempus Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs) team,
12. Member of the international Advisory Board and scientific committee of the 11th
International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences & Technology (IBCAST), 14-18 Jan, 2014. Islamabad-Pakistan.
13. Councilor of the World certification Institute (WCI) for the term 2014-present.
14. Member of the steering committee of Arab Life Sciences Network
15. Jury member for the Arab League Educational, Cultural &
Scientific Organization (ALESCO) for the Award for young Arab
Scientists in Innovation & Entrepreneurship/ in Biotechnology
16. Member of the organizing committee of the 12th Euro Biotechnology Conference
17. Ambassador of the Expo cities 2020. Expo Cities2020 Organization is a joint venture between Expo Business and MtoM Consulting. São Paulo-Brazil
18. Member of the Middle East Molecular Biology (MEMBS) advisory committee